When you’re on a journey to improve your digestive health, there’s nothing like a warm bowl of soup to soothe your soul. And when you’re looking for a soup that’s both delicious and good for your gut, Vietnamese style chicken soup is a great option.
This soup is made with a rich and flavorful bone broth that’s packed with nutrients that can help to heal and repair your gut. The broth is also made with a variety of gut-friendly ingredients, including chicken, ginger, garlic, and coriander.
In addition to being good for your gut, Vietnamese style chicken soup is also a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables. The soup is served with a variety of fresh herbs and vegetables.
Chicken soup, Vietnamese style
- 1 soup pan
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 3/4 litre water
- 500 grams chicken meat from making stock, pulled apart
- 2 courgettes peeled & spiralised
- 2 garlic cloves peeled & crushed
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 cm ginger peeled & chopped
- fresh herbs such as coriander, basil, parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Put the ginger in a muslin, tea bag, tea egg or something like that so that it is easy to remove after cooking
- Put the stock, water, salt & ginger into a pan and simmer for 15 minutes on low temperature
- Add chicken, courgette, garlic and herbs and simmer for another 15 minutes until the courgette is soft
- Remove from the heat
- Add the egg yolks and stir them in gently
Give this lovely soup a try and let me know what you think of it. I’d love to hear from you!