Over the years I have learned a lot in various lines of work. I will not go into all of them here. I'll give you and overview of the courses that I have done that are relevant to my work as a Health Coach, Doula, Childbirth Educator, Breastfeeding Educator and Postpartum Doula.
As a teenager I was already interested in health and nutrition. This means that even before I had babies I was doing courses and learning about health and nutrition.
I started back in 1992 with my first courses.
Initially it was just to find out whether I did want to take it further, or whether it would just stay a simple interest. It was super interesting so I did choose to take it further. Due to various things that happened in my life I wasn't able to right away start using it in practise, but I did continue learning for the most part and have used my knowledge with friends and family to help them improve their health or regain their health.
It has always remained interesting to me, so I have gone for as broad an education as possible in the field of health and nutrition.
On this page I will list all the courses that I have done and when I have finished them. When you click on the name it will take you to a page in which I write a bit more about that particular course. Some were more intensive than other, all were very interesting.
1. Healing Naturally, LOI, certificate 1993
2. Introduction Homeopathy, SORAG, certificate, 1994.
3. Phytotherapy, SORAG, certificate & diploma, 1995.
4. Nutrition and Health, SORAG, certificate, 1996.
5. Homeopathy, SORAG, certificate & diploma, 1996.
6. Pathology and Anatomy, SORAG, certificate & diploma, 1997.
7. Reflexology, SORAG, certificate, 1997.
8. Training Breastfeeding Support, Vereniging Borstvoeding Natuurlijk, certificate, October 2001.
9. LLL Leader Accreditation, La Leche League International, 11 December 2005.
10. Child Nutrition and Cooking, Stanford University / Coursera, 24 October 2016.
11. Introduction to Food and Health, Stanford University / Coursera, 24 October 2016.
12. Learning How to Learn, UC San Diego / Coursera, 15 November 2016.
13. Health Coach, Health Coach Group, 20 July 2017.
14. Master Coach, Transformation Academy.
a. Life Coach, The complete Introduction, Transformation Academy / OfCourse, 4 September 2017.
b. Happiness Life Coaching, Transformation Academy / OfCourse, 17 September 2017.
c. Life Purpose Coach, Transformation Academy / Ofcourse, 4 October 2017.
d. Goal to Success Life Coaching, Transformation Academy / OfCourse, 8 October 2017.
15. Life Coach, Renaissance Life Therapies / OfCourse, 11 September 2017.
16. Intimacy & relationships from language to neuro-chemistry, Verdarluz Celewtiowl / OfCourse, 19 September 2017.
17. Relationship Coaching Workshops, Transformation Academy / OfCourse, 23 September 2017.
18. The Complete Relationships Coaching Masterclass, Kain Ramsay / OfCourse, 24 September 2017.
19. Emotional Intelligence & Soft Skills, Patricia Thompson / OfCourse, 2 October 2017.
20. De-mystifying Mindfulness, University Leiden / Coursera, 6 October 2017.
21. Birth & Bereavement Doula, Stillbirthday University, certificate, 4 January 2018.
a. Health Care Provider CPR, American Academy of CPR & First Aid, 17 November 2017.
b. Psychological First Aid, PFA, 16 December 2017.
22. Breastfeeding, Stanford University / Coursera, 20 March 2018.
23. Coaches, Building Workshops & Attracting Clients, Transformation Academy / OfCourse, 24 January 2018.
24. Newborn Care Specialisation
a. Preventative Healthcare for the Newborn, University Colorado / Coursera, 16 September 2019.
b. Newborn Assessment, University Colorado / Coursera, 28 October 2019.
c. Keeping Newborn Babies Safe and Healthy, University Colorado / Coursera, 15 November 2019.
d. Supporting Parents of a Newborn Baby, University Colorado / Coursera, 30 November 2019.
e. Newborn Capstone, University Colorado / Coursera, 7 March, 2020.
25. Breastmilk Scientific, Microbirth , 7 February 2020.