It is hard for a lot of people who start out on their journey of improving their digestive health to figure out what to eat and drink as their diet is changing in a big way.
The Beef Soup recipe that I’m sharing here is great to use right from the start as it’s suitable from the first stages onwards. For variety, you can blend or not blend your soup, or only blend part of your soup. In later stages you can start adding more to it, which creates even more variety with this lovely soup.
Beef soup is not only a delicious and hearty meal, but it can also provide numerous benefits for digestive health. Whether you are dealing with digestive issues or just looking for ways to improve your gut health, beef soup is a great addition to your diet. In this blog post, I will explore the digestive health benefits of beef soup and provide some tips for making a delicious and nutritious beef soup.
Digestive Health Benefits of Beef Soup
* Promotes Gut Healing – Beef soup is rich in collagen and gelatin, which are both essential for gut health. These nutrients help to repair the lining of the digestive tract, which can help in reducing inflammation and promoting overall digestive health.
* Aids Digestion – The high protein content in beef soup helps to stimulate the digestive process, allowing food to be broken down and absorbed more efficiently. Additionally, the broth in beef soup contains minerals like magnesium, which can help to relax the muscles of the digestive tract and promote healthy digestion.
* Supports Immune Health – The digestive tract is home to trillions of bacteria, which play a crucial role in immune health. Beef soup is a rich source of amino acids, which help to feed the good bacteria in the digestive tract and support a healthy immune system.
- 1 soup pan
- 1 Knife
- 1 litre beef stock from making beef stock
- 3 large carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 onion, peeled & chopped
- cooked beef from making beef stock
- celtic sea salt to taste
- Put the ingredients, except the meat in a large pan and bring to a gentle boil
- Let it simmer for about 30 minutes or until all vegetables are soft.
- Alternatively COOK in a slow cooker and let it cook on low overnight
- blend with a stick mixer until smooth if you’d like
- Add the cooked meat after blending and let it warm up in the soup
Tips for Making Beef Soup for Digestive Health
* Use High-Quality Ingredients – When making beef soup for digestive health, it is important to use high-quality ingredients. Look for grass-fed beef, organic vegetables, and make your own broth and stock at home with high quality ingredients to ensure that your soup is as nutritious as possible.
* Add Herbs and Spices – Herbs and spices like ginger, turmeric, and thyme can help to reduce inflammation in the digestive tract and promote healthy digestion. Consider adding these ingredients to your beef soup for an extra boost of digestive health benefits. Make sure you know which are allowed at which stages. From stage one you can use peppercorns, garlic, ginger and mint. Others come in later stages. This will create a lot of variety in flavour.
* Cook Slowly and Thoroughly – To extract the maximum amount of nutrients from your beef soup, it is important to cook it slowly and thoroughly. This will help to break down the collagen and gelatin in the beef bones, making the soup rich in gut-healing nutrients.
Beef soup is a delicious and nutritious way to support digestive health. By using high-quality ingredients, adding herbs and spices, and cooking slowly and thoroughly, you can create a beef soup that is not only tasty but also promotes gut healing, aids digestion, and supports immune health. So next time you’re looking for a comforting meal that is good for your gut, consider making a hearty bowl of beef soup.