This asparagus and courgette soup is a delicious and easy-to-make soup that is perfect for the any diet to improve your digestive health. It is suitable for stage 3. These diets are designed to help people with digestive problems, such as irritable bowel syndrome and Crohn’s disease. The Specific Carbohydrate Diet focuses on eating foods that are containing only specific carbohydrates that do not feed pathogenic bacteria. Asparagus and courgette are both excellent vegetables for that, making them perfect for this diet.
This soup is also a great source of vitamins and minerals. Asparagus is a good source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as folate. Courgette is a good source of vitamins C, K, and magnesium. This soup is a healthy and delicious option for anyone following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.
This soup is a delicious and healthy option for anyone following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. It is easy to make and can be customised to fit your individual needs.
Asparagus & Courgette soup
- 1 soup pan
- 1 litre stock
- 1 bunch asparagus washed & woody ends removed
- 2 courgettes washed & sliced
- 2 cloves garlic cleaned & minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1. Heat the stockin a pan
- 2. Add the asparagus, courgette, garlic and salt
- 3. Cover with alid and let it simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked
- 4. Remove some asparagus and set aside
- 5. Blend the soupwith a stick blender until smooth
- 6. Add in the separated asparagus
- 7. Stir in lemon juice
- 8. Stir in egg yolks
Let me know what you think of the soup! I’d love to hear what you think when you’ve tried it.